I’ve spent enough time over the last 5 years packing for vacation or moving (for my ginger half’s job) that I have discovered some wonderful travel essentials that make packing easier & painless.
- Samsonite: Good quality luggage doesn’t have to cost an arm & a leg. There is nothing worse than trying to roll a suitcase over carpet in the airport & the wheels don’t turn properly, or the zipper breaks while trying to close it. Luggage is one of the best items to buy on sale. Why pay full price? Macy’s is an awesome place to look because they always have a sale. If you have done your research & find they carry the brand you want, I strongly suggest watching their sales. The end result can be 50% + off of the regular price. Outlets are another great place to luggage shop!
- Henri Bendel makes life changing travel products. I own two sets of the Plenty of Bendel Travel Trio. This is also a Go To gift for me to give others. The bags are machine washable & they keep the important items separate in your travel bag: clean undergarments, dirty undergarments & shoes. They are also bright colors so it’s an easy item to spot in your suitcase!
- Longchamp: The large size travel tote with short handle is perfect for a weekend getaway or a trip that involves car travel. Unless you buy this with the strap, the short handles and large size of this bag make it very inconvenient to carry through an airport. Thoughtful advice: I was on vacation in St. Martin & stumbled across a Longchamp store that had much cheaper prices (than major retail stores) & there was no tax! Stock up if you every come across it because more likely than not you will regret it later!! I have also had family find good deals on Longchamps at Heathrow Airport (LHR).
- Another life changing travel item from HB is the Go Anywhere Travel Set . It was given to me as a gift & I LOVE IT. I use it all the time. They are lightweight and don’t take up a lot of space. I usually use all sizes for jewelry & since I don’t pack that in a checked suitcase it ends up in my carry on.
- Sephora has a heat resistant flat iron bag. This is a genius invention. How many times do you shower right before you leave a hotel? Then you are stuck with a hot flat iron. This way you can just pack & go.
- Water!!! I always bring a bottle on an airplane with me. My advice? Buy the skinniest bottle possible. Unless you are traveling first class or with extended leg room your seat has extremely limited space. The skinner the bottle the less bulk in front of your legs while in flight. **I love smartwater. Target regularly does 10 for $10 sales on the 1L bottles & Costco sells them in a 12 pack which ends up being the best deal.